This post is again my SNC entry for this month.. :) This month we got challenge from Roha,from "Hydradicuisine".She elaborated the recipe in very fine way.In north indian Kitchen,we don't use khubani very often..This fact made this challenge appropriate for us. :P
This dessert is a part of Hyderabad cuisine and unbelievably simple to prepare.. Generally prepared from dried Khubani i.e. Apricot..may be next time i will try it with fresh fruits.
Traditionally it is served with cream or custard..now a day you can get it with ice-cream too ..I personally served it with ice-cream as i avoid cream in my plate ;)
8-10 Dried Apricot
2 tbsp Sugar
1 Green Cardamom(powdered)
1 tsp Lemon juice
8-10 Apricot nuts
2 Scoops Cream/Ice-cream/Custard (Optional) for Topping.
- Soak apricots in 1.5 Cup water overnight.
- Remove from water and remove dseed them.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add crushed/pureed apricots with the same water they have been soaked overnight.
- Cook it on low flame till it get into thick compote like consistency.
- Meanwhile crack the seeds and get almond like nut from them.Blanch and crush them
- Add sugar,cardamom powder and nuts.Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold as per your liking with topping of your choice.
# Keep in mind that apricot are already bit sweet in taste while adding sugar.
## I pureed the apricots.if you are using whole while cooking than just crush them with back of spoon while cooking.