Pasanda is not new to India..but not very popular like other dishes...Basically its complex combination of hot and mild taste comes from combination of spices with dry nuts...
Few days back i posted the recipe of Paneer pasanda...which was huge hit in the office ! i personally liked the rich gravy with very complex taste...So,came up with this recipe which is bit similar to that n bit different at same time..
Generally its semi dry dish but if you want gravy,just add some milk and water while cooking.
1 Kg Chicken
2 Onions (thinly sliced)
2tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1 Tomato (paste)
1 tsp Chili powder
1.5 tsp Garam Masala
1tsp Coriander Powder
2 Green Chilies
2 Whole Red Chilies
2tbsp Coriander leaves
Salt to taste
- Marinade chicken with curd,1/2tsp chili powder,1tsp Salt,coriander powder for around 1/2 hour.
- Cut onions finely and fry them till golden brown.Drain and let it cool down.
- Soak nuts in warm milk for 10 minutes than make fine paste of it.
- Make spice paste by blending half of fried onion,green chilies,ginger garlic paste and powdered spices.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom pan.Fry spice paste on low heat till oil comes on top.
- Add marinated chicken and fry on high heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Low the heat and mix in nut paste.Close the lid and let it cook till chicken is tender(around 20 minutes)
- Finally mix in cream and remove from heat.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves and remaining fried onion.Serve hot with bread of your choice.
# Some people use peanuts too,if you ae using it,keep in mind its going to give very prominent peanut taste.
## You can replace oil with ghee for richer version.