1/2 Cup Dried chickpeas
1 Big white onion, chopped
1-2 Cloves garlic
1tbsp Fresh chopped coriander
1 Big egg (optional)
1tsp Ground cumin
1/4 tsp Ground Coriander
1/4 Tsp Black pepper
1 1/2 Tsp Sea salt
1 Tsp Dried oregano
1/2 Tsp Baking powder
A few drops red Tabasco
2 Tbs Bread crumbs or flour(optional)
Oil, to fry
- Soak chickpeas in a bowl and cover them with water. Leave overnight.
- The next day, put the daliya in a bowl and cover with water. Let it stand in the water for about 15 minutes, then drain very well.
- Place the chickpeas, onion, cloves, cilantro, egg, baking powder,and spices in a blender and process until still a little grainy.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add the daliya as well as breadcrumbs (you should be able to create balls/if not add breadcrumbs).
- Cover the bowl and let rest for about 2 hours in the fridge.
- In a flate pan heat oil,fry the falafels until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with dip and pita bread.
# Originally falafel use to be deep fried.
## You can add few drop of tabasco and parsley in blender too.
### Above ingredients will make 12 falafel.