I got this recipe from masterchef India-2,where Sanjeev kapoor has presented this as challenge to contestants.Finally i made this today for lunch...Though i don't like its name but taste was nice.
250gm Cottage Cheese(Paneer) grated
1/8tsp Cardamon powder
1/8tsp Cinnamon powder
2 Garlic(finely chopped)
1 Green Chili(finely chopped)
1/4tsp Cumin seeds
1tsp Chili powder(prefer kashmiri)
1/2tsp Garam Masala
1tsp Kasuri methi(Powder)
Salt to taste
- Mix cottage cheese,cardamom powder,salt together and make 5 equal size balls.
- Blanch Spinach leaves in 3cup of water for 2-3 minute.Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Remove extra water and chop it very finely.
- Heat oil in pan.Add cumin seeds,garlic,green chili,saute for moment.Add besan,salt and turmeric powder,saute for 2minutes.Add spinach,mix and saute till its totally dry.Let it cool.
- Divide spinach mixture in 5 equal portion and fill cottage cheeze ball in each one of them using palm.
- Roll these ball in cornflour and deep fry in oil on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat butter in deep pan.Add garlic,caramom,saute for moment.
- Add tomato puree,salt,chili powder,garam masala with 1/2 cup of water and let it cook on low flame for around 20minutes.(till tomatoes raw smell disappear)
- Add honey and kasuri methi.Cook for another 2minutes.
- Finally add cream and mix it well.
- Transfer the gravy in serving dish.Cut the balls in half and place them on gravy.Serve hot with Butter roti.
# You can use 1tsp sugar instead of honey,if honey is not available.
## Adjust the taste of gravy as per your taste.