Yea u read right..i wrote Cucumber Cake and yea its not savory but sweet like our normal cakes :P ! Packed with freshness and unusual soft texture it was really a surprise for me !
I was just thinking about what new can be done with cucumber other than salad,drinks,raita...thought of this and searched on google for some idea...Came to know its similar to a authentic cake recipe from our India only known as Tausali . Well i never heard of it so,just got tips and confidence from several sites..
Finally came up with my very own healthy n unusual cake recipe..So,here i present you my Cucumber Cake with heavenly aroma of Cardamom !
1 Cup Semolina/Suji
3 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
2 tbsp Oats
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Jaggery(grated)
3 Cardamom Powdered
1 Cup Cucumber(finely grated)
1 Cup Coconut Milk
2 tbsp Coconut(shredded)
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Dry roast oats for couple of minute in a pan.
- Mix semolina,oats,coconut(if using),cucumber,jaggery,sugar in a bowl.Add coconut milk and let it rest for an hour.
- Now mix in ghee,cardamom powder and wheat flour.You can add some water if batter becomes too thick.
- Finally mix in baking powder and baking soda.
- Transfer the batter in greased baking pan.
- Bake in pressure cooker (on very low heat) or preheated oven (at 180'C ) for 30-35 minutes or untill toothpick comes out clean from center.
- Let it cool down for couple of hour before d molding.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on top and serve warm.
# Batter must not be too runny.
## You can use whole jaggery instead of sugar.
### Some roasted dry fruits can also be added.