Whoever said that dessert cant be healthy,throw this brownie on his face ;) !!!! These are real real treat when you are watching your weight and have big sweet tooth too :D they are fudgy,dense,light and realllly healthy !
I am on my weight loss journey frm last few months.As they say nice body cant be achieve just in gym but in your kitchen, i keep experimenting with my lunch n snacks.In general people have perception about it as plain tasteless food with no excitement but let me tell you..if you are really determine its not at all true..i started posting healthy recipes recently but not much.but ll try to do more... :)
now coming back to these beauties....i always wanted to make brownies in steaming method as it takes less oil in process.after thinking alot i came up with this recipe.Its perfect !!! they are so guilt free that now you can find some of them always sitting in my fridge corner :P Just try them once n you ll not be disappointed at all.
|just out of steamer !|
I suggest to keep it for rest atleast overnight before cutting.It will soften the bran of whole wheat n texture will improve drastically.
2 Cup Whole wheat Flour
4tbsp Coco Powder(i used diet coco)
1tbsp Baking Powder
1/2tsp Baking soda
3/4 cup walnuts
3tbsp Flex seeds powder
1/2cup strong esspresso coffee
1cup Soya milk
3/4cup Demerara sugar
1/4 cup oil
- Mix flex powder with esspresso coffee n 1/2 cup milk for an hr atleast.
- Now in bowl whisk flex coffee mixture with buttermilk,oil and sugar.
- Sieve flour with coco powder,baking powder n baking soda.
- put steamer on high heat with atleast 2 glass water.
- Mix above dry ingredients with wet ingredients. finally fold in crushed walnuts.If batter seems dry add the extra soya milk.
- Pour batter in 8inch square pan.steam on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Let it come on room temperature then keep it rest for atleast 12 hours.
- Cut n store in airtight container.
# you can make them using all purpose flour but the milk will be used less.