Yes you read it right! its no oil pickle which is actually one of the best n easiest to make! Best part is that its very light n good for stomach..I gonna try same recipe with other veggies too..lets see how it turn out !
|freshly made !!|
|After a week,ready to tickle the taste buds !|
Don't underestimate the taste of it due to such less ingredients as you will be amazed with the tangy taste it will get with time which comes from mustard !!
This pickle can be stored for months without any issue but i would suggest to make it in small batches,so that it will not loose its crunch n bite !for my small family making it in 1/2 kg carrot last for month(well almost ) .
This pickle best company for simple Daal-Chawal ! :D
1/2 Kg Carrot
40 gm yellow Mustard(crushed)
3 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Chili powder
1.5 Cup Water
- Clean n pat dry the carrot completely.cut them in strips.
- In a bowl mix carrot with mustard,salt n chili powder.
- Boil water on high heat for 2-3 minutes.Let it cool down completely.
- transfer the spiced carrot in a porcelain or glass jar.Pour the cool down water in it an close the lid tightly.
- place it under sunlight for 4-5 days.
- Voila your pickle is ready !
# keeping in sunlight is must !
## Make sure water is completely cool before adding to jar.
### Use clean spoon to take out your pickle.